Main Outcome Measures
- Hereditary progressive arthro-ophthalmopathy II : additional observation on vertebral abnormalities, a hearing defect, and a report of a similar case.Mayo Clin Proc. 1967; 42: 495-500
- Hereditary progressive arthroopthalmopathy.Mayo Clin Proc. 1965; 40: 433-455
- Clinical features of hereditary progressive arthro-ophthalmopathy (Stickler syndrome): A survey.Genet Med. 2001; 3: 192-196
- Clinical and molecular genetics of Stickler syndrome.J Med Genet. 1999; 36: 353-359
Robin NH, Moran RT, Ala-Kokko L. Stickler Syndrome. In: Adam MP, Ardinger HH, Pagon RA, et al., eds. GeneReviews®. Seattle (WA): University of Washington, Seattle; 1993. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1302/ [Accessed December 6, 2020].
- Variable clinical expression of Stickler Syndrome: A case report of a novel COL11A1 mutation.Mol Genet Genomic Med. 2020; 8: e1353
- Radial perivascular retinal degeneration: a key to the clinical diagnosis of an ocular variant of Stickler syndrome with minimal or no systemic manifestations.Am J Ophthalmol. 2002; 134: 728-734
- Stickler’s syndrome.J Med Genet. 1989; 26: 119-126
- Molecular basis of heritable connective tissue disease.Biochem Med Metab Biol. 1993; 49: 1-12
- The importance of early diagnosis of Stickler syndrome: Finding opportunities for preventing blindness.Taiwan J Ophthalmol. 2018; 8: 189-195
- Outcomes of surgery for retinal detachment in patients with Stickler syndrome: a comparison of two sequential 20-year cohorts.Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2007; 245: 1633-1638
- Long-Term Follow-Up of Retinal Detachment Repair in Patients With Stickler Syndrome.Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging Retina. 2020; 51: 612-616
- Prevention of Retinal Detachment in Stickler Syndrome.Ophthalmology. 2014; 121: 1588-1597
- Retinal Detachment and Prophylaxis in Type 1 Stickler Syndrome.Ophthalmology. 2008; 115: 164-168
- Retinal detachment and infantile-onset glaucoma in Stickler syndrome associated with known and novel COL2A1 mutations.Ophthalmic Genet. 2018; 39: 615-618
- Prophylactic laser photocoagulation in stickler syndrome.Eye. 1996; 10: 701-708
- Prevention of retinal detachment in Wagner-Stickler disease. Comparative study of different methods. Apropos of 22 cases.J Fr Ophtalmol. 1994; 17: 167-174
- Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment after prophylactic argon laser photocoagulation.Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 1987; 225: 5-8
- Stickler syndrome: exploring prophylaxis for retinal detachment.Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2019; 30: 306-313
- Rhegmatogenous retinal detachments associated to Stickler syndrome in a tertiary eye care center in Saudi Arabia.Clin Ophthalmol Auckl NZ. 2015; 10: 1-6
- Visual Acuities “Hand Motion” and “Counting Fingers” Can Be Quantified with the Freiburg Visual Acuity Test.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006; 47: 1236-1240
- CLINICAL FEATURES AND SURGICAL OUTCOMES OF PEDIATRIC RHEGMATOGENOUS RETINAL DETACHMENT.Retina. 2009; 29: 545-551
Ang GS, Townend J, Lois N. Interventions for prevention of giant retinal tear in the fellow eye. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009. Available at: http://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD006909.pub2/full [Accessed March 31, 2021].
- Characteristics and Outcomes of Pediatric Retinal Detachment Surgery at a Tertiary Referral Center.J Ophthalmic Vis Res. 2014; 9: 210-214
- 25-years Trends and Risk factors related to Surgical Outcomes of Giant Retinal Tear-Rhegmatogenous Retinal Detachments.Sci Rep. 2020; 10: 5474
- ‘Failure’ of laser prophylaxis in an eye with stickler syndrome.MOJ Clin Med Case Rep. 2021; 11: 110-111
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: Illinois Society to Prevent Blindness Research Grant, Chicago, IL, Grant # FP105359. The sponsor or funding source had no role in the design or conduct of this research.
Conflict of Interest: No conflicting interests exist for any author
Visual outcomes, including rate of retinal detachment, for patients with Stickler syndrome may be improved with the use of prophylactic extended vitreous base laser.