Main Outcome Measure
- Five-Year Outcomes of Panretinal Photocoagulation vs Intravitreous Ranibizumab for Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy: A Randomized Clinical Trial.JAMA Ophthalmol. 2018; 136: 1138-1148
- Ranibizumab for diabetic macular edema: results from 2 phase III randomized trials: RISE and RIDE.Ophthalmology. 2012; 119: 789-801
- Evaluating the Impact of Intravitreal Aflibercept on Diabetic Retinopathy Progression in the VIVID-DME and VISTA-DME Studies.Ophthalmol Retina. 2018; 2: 988-996
- Effect of Intravitreous Anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor vs Sham Treatment for Prevention of Vision-Threatening Complications of Diabetic Retinopathy: The Protocol W Randomized Clinical Trial.JAMA Ophthalmol. 2021;
Inc RP. A Phase 3 Double-Maksed Randomized Study of the Efficacy and Saftey of Aflibercept in patients with Moderately Severe to Sever Non-Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy - 100 week results Presented at Angiogenesis Exudation and Degeration Meeting 2020 2020;February 8, 2020.
- Cost Evaluation of Panretinal Photocoagulation versus Intravitreal Ranibizumab for Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy.Ophthalmology. 2016; 123: 1912-1918
- Cost Evaluation of Early Vitrectomy versus Panretinal Photocoagulation and Intravitreal Ranibizumab for Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy.Ophthalmology. 2018; 125: 1393-1400
Lin J, Gibbons A, Smiddy WE. Cost-Utility of Anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Treatment for Macular Edema Secondary to Central Retinal Vein Occlusion. Ophthalmol Retina. 2020.
Barr CC. Retinopathy and nephropathy in patients with type 1 diabetes four years after a trial of intensive insulin therapy, by The Diabetes Control and Complications Trial/Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications Research Group. N. Engl. J. Med 342:381-389, 2000. Surv Ophthalmol. 2001;45(5):459-460.
- How many steps of progression of diabetic retinopathy are meaningful? The Wisconsin epidemiologic study of diabetic retinopathy.Arch Ophthalmol. 2001; 119: 547-553
- Intensive blood-glucose control with sulphonylureas or insulin compared with conventional treatment and risk of complications in patients with type 2 diabetes (UKPDS 33). UK Prospective Diabetes Study (UKPDS) Group.Lancet. 1998; 352: 837-853
- Early photocoagulation for diabetic retinopathy. ETDRS report number 9. Early Treatment Diabetic Retinopathy Study Research Group.Ophthalmology. 1991; 98: 766-785
- Fundus photographic risk factors for progression of diabetic retinopathy. ETDRS report number 12. Early Treatment Diabetic Retinopathy Study Research Group.Ophthalmology. 1991; 98: 823-833
- Preference-based comparative effectiveness and cost-effectiveness: a review and relevance of value-based medicine for vitreoretinal interventions.Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2012; 23: 163-174
Neumann P S, GD, Russell, LB, Siegel, JE, Ganiats, TG, eds. Cost-Effectiveness in Health and Medicine. 2nd ed. New York: Oxford University Press; 2017.
- Effect of Initial Management With Aflibercept vs Laser Photocoagulation vs Observation on Vision Loss Among Patients With Diabetic Macular Edema Involving the Center of the Macula and Good Visual Acuity: A Randomized Clinical Trial.JAMA. 2019; 321: 1880-1894
- Follow-up Non-Compliance: A Significant Risk Factor for Reduced Visual Outcomes in Patients With Diabetic Retinopathy.Am J Ophthalmol. 2020; 216: A12-A13
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Relevant Financial Disclosures: No conflicting relationship exists for any author
Financial support: none
(this work is under consideration for presentation at the 2021 AAO annual meeting)