Main Outcome Measures
Abbreviations and Acronyms:CNV (choroidal neovascularization), ICD 9-10 (International Classification of Diseases, Ninth and Tenth Revisions), IRIS® (Intelligent Research in Sight), logMAR (logarithm of the minimum angle of resolution), OR (odds ratio), PDT (photodynamic therapy), VA (visual acuity), VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor)
- Subretinal neovascularization in children and adolescents.J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus. 1995; 32: 178-182
- Measuring the burden of childhood blindness.Br J Ophthalmol. 1999; 83: 387-388
- The economic burden of vision loss and eye disorders among the united states population younger than 40 years.Ophthalmology. 2013; 120: 1728-1735
- Etiology and treatment of choroidal neovascularization in pediatric patients.Eur J Ophthalmol. 2016; 26: 388-393
- Choroidal neovascularization in 36 eyes of children and adolescents.Eye. 2013; 27: 1158-1168
- Visual outcome after surgical removal of choroidal neovascularization in pediatric patients.Arch Ophthalmol. 2000; 118: 1373-1378
- Optical coherence tomography angiography in pediatric choroidal neovascularization.Am J Ophthalmol Case Reports. 2016; 2: 37-40
- Neovascularized Best disease in child: contribution of optical coherence tomography angiography.Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging Retina. 2019; 50: 597-601
- Choroidal neovascular membrane in paediatric patients: clinical characteristics and outcomes.Br J Ophthalmol. 2018; 102: 1232-1237
- Efficacy and safety of ranibizumab for the treatment of choroidal neovascularization due to uncommon cause: twelve-month results of the MINERVA study.Retina. 2018; 38: 1464-1477
- MINERVA study group. Ranibizumab 0.5 mg treatment in adolescents with choroidal neovascularization: subgroup analysis data from the MINERVA study.Retin Cases Br Rep. 2021; 15: 348-355
- Pediatric inflammatory CNV: a case series from a tertiary referral centre.Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2020; 28: 26-32
- Active surveillance of choroidal neovascularisation in children: incidence, aetiology and management findings from a national study in the UK.Br J Ophthalmol. 2018; 102: 438-443
- Retinal detachment surgery in a pediatric population: visual and anatomic outcomes.Retina. 2018; 38: 1393-1402
- Pediatric rhegmatogenous retinal detachment: clinical features and surgical outcomes.Retina. 2008; 28: 847-852
- Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment in children: clinical factors predictive of successful surgical repair.Ophthalmology. 2019; 126: 1263-1270
- Choroidal neovascularisation in children.Br J Ophthalmol. 2008; 92: 451-454
- Loss to follow-up among patients with neovascular age-related macular degeneration who received intravitreal anti-vascular endothelial growth factor injections.JAMA Ophthalmol. 2018; 136: 1251-1259
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Supplemental material is available at www.ophthalmologyretina.org.
All authors have completed and submitted the ICMJE disclosures form.
The author(s) have made the following disclosure(s): A.P.F.: Advisory board - Allergan, Genentech; Consultant - Apellis Pharmaceuticals
P.R.: Consultant - Vortex Surgical
Supported by the Knights Templar Eye Foundation, Inc. , Pediatric Ophthalmology Research Fund, Flower Mound, TX.
HUMAN SUBJECTS: Human subjects were included in this study. Aggregated data from the IRIS® Registry are de-identified and do not require patient-level consent. Therefore, institutional review board approval was not required.
No animal subjects were included in this study.
Conception and design: Finn, Rao
Analysis and interpretation: Finn, Fujino, Lum, Rao
Data collection: Finn, Fujino, Lum
Obtained funding: Finn
Overall responsibility: Finn, Fujino, Lum, Rao