Main Outcome Measures
Abbreviations and Acronyms:AMD (age-related macular degeneration), BPEI (Bascom Palmer Eye Institute), CERA (Centre for Eye Research Australia), GA (geographic atrophy), GLD (greatest linear dimension), HyperTD (hypertransmission defect), iAMD (intermediate age-related macular degeneration), iRORA (incomplete RPE and outer retinal atrophy), LEAD (Laser Intervention in Early Stages of Age-Related Macular Degeneration), nGA (nascent geographic atrophy), NPV (negative predictive value), PPV (positive predictive value), RPE (retinal pigment epithelium), SD (spectral-domain)
- Optical coherence tomography-defined changes preceding the development of drusen-associated atrophy in age-related macular degeneration.Ophthalmology. 2014; 121: 2415-2422
- Fundus autofluorescence characteristics of nascent geographic atrophy in age-related macular degeneration.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015; 56: 1546-1552
- Prospective longitudinal evaluation of nascent geographic atrophy in age-related macular degeneration.Ophthalmol Retina. 2020; 4: 568-575
- Consensus definition for atrophy associated with age-related macular degeneration on OCT: Classification of Atrophy report 3.Ophthalmology. 2018; 125: 537-548
- Incomplete retinal pigment epithelial and outer retinal atrophy in age-related macular degeneration: Classification of Atrophy Meeting report 4.Ophthalmology. 2020; 127: 394-409
- Subthreshold nanosecond laser intervention in age-related macular degeneration: the LEAD randomized controlled clinical trial.Ophthalmology. 2019; 126: 829-838
- Hyporeflective wedge-shaped band in geographic atrophy secondary to age-related macular degeneration: an underreported finding.Ophthalmology. 2012; 119: 1412-1419
- En face optical coherence tomography imaging for the detection of nascent geographic atrophy.Am J Ophthalmol. 2017; 174: 145-154
- Comparison of geographic atrophy measurements from the OCT fundus image and the sub-RPE slab image.Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging Retina. 2013; 44: 127-132
- Progression of geographic atrophy in age-related macular degeneration imaged with spectral domain optical coherence tomography.Ophthalmology. 2011; 118: 679-686
- Anatomic clinical trial endpoints for nonexudative age-related macular degeneration.Ophthalmology. 2016; 123: 1060-1079
- Correlations between choriocapillaris flow deficits around geographic atrophy and enlargement rates based on swept-source OCT imaging.Ophthalmol Retina. 2019; 3: 478-488
- Predicting the progression of geographic atrophy in age-related macular degeneration with SD-OCT en face imaging of the outer retina.Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging Retina. 2013; 44: 344-359
- Optical coherence tomography measurements of choroidal thickness in healthy eyes: correlation with age and axial length.Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging Retina. 2015; 46: 18-24
- Reproducibility of choroidal thickness measurements across three spectral domain optical coherence tomography systems.Ophthalmology. 2012; 119: 119-123
- Impact of choriocapillaris flow on multifocal electroretinography in intermediate age-related macular degeneration eyes.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2018; 59: AMD25-AMD30
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Disclosure(s): All authors have completed and submitted the ICMJE disclosures form.
The author(s) have made the following disclosure(s): G.G.: Financial support - Carl Zeiss Meditec, Inc.; Patent (with the University of Miami) - Carl Zeiss Meditec, Inc. P.J.R.: Financial support - Carl Zeiss Meditec, Inc., Stealth BioTherapeutics, Iveric bio; Consultant - Apellis, Bayer, Biogen, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Carl Zeiss Meditec, Chengdu Kanghong Biotech, EyePoint, Ocunexus Therapeutics, Ocudyne, Regeneron, Unity Biotechnology; Equity interest - Apellis, Valitor, Verana Health, Ocudyne
Supported by Carl Zeiss Meditec, Inc., Dublin, California; the Salah Foundation, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida; Research to Prevent Blindness, Inc., New York, New York (unrestricted grant); and the National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland (grant no.: P30EY014801 to the Department of Ophthalmology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine).
HUMAN SUBJECTS: Human subjects were included in this study. The human ethics committees at Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital approved the study. All research adhered to the tenets of the Declaration of Helsinki. All participants provided informed consent.
No animal subjects were included in this study.
Conception and design: Gregori, Rosenfeld
Analysis and interpretation: Shi, Yang, Feuer, Gregori, Rosenfeld
Data collection: Shi, Yang, Gregori, Rosenfeld
Obtained funding: N/A
Overall responsibility: Shi, Yang, Feuer, Gregori, Rosenfeld